Memphis, TN – Memphians have the opportunity to significantly change the political system, at least at a local level.
On November 4th, voters in Memphis will decide on six charter amendments:
1) Term limits of two consecutive terms for Memphis mayor and city council
2) Stagger city council terms
3) Suspend with pay any city council member indicted or charged with official misconduct.
4) Instant run-off elections for district council and city school board elections
5) Mandate voter approval for the sale of MLGW
6) Make city council chairman acting mayor if elected mayor resigns or leaves office
To read more about the charter amendments, go to Memphis Daily News at www.memphisdailynews.com.