WKNO is the Mid-South’s premier public media organization committed to creating and presenting both unique local and national content for television, radio and digital media.*
- A trusted resource of information and inspiration
- An essential provider of educational and cultural services
- A preeminent public institution in and for the Mid-South
- A leader in public media, both locally and nationally
- Be an exemplary steward of the public trust
- Seek diversity and excellence in people, ideas and services
- Build and nourish relationships in the community
- Hold ourselves accountable for results
- Help each other succeed
- Have a sense of humor
*Approved by the WKNO Board of Trustees, December 2013
We also support and have adopted the "Public Media Code of Integrity" developed by the Affinity Group Coalition and the Station Resource Group.
An overview of WKNO-FM's involvement in the community can be found in CPB's Local Content and Service Report.